Sunday, May 17, 2015

Food Tips to Promote Weight Loss


In March 2015, I began a weight loss journey by visiting Quick Weight Loss Centers.  It is a wonderful company that has helped me to see some very simple to follow steps to promote a healthy lifestyle.  
The by product is that I feel wonderful and I feel great about how I look.  I have great energy and overall just feel great.

I want to do a before and after soon, but would like to wait until I reach my goal weight.  I should be there in about 8 weeks.  At the time of this blog post, i've lost 48 lbs and when i'm done, I will have lost 82.5 lbs total.

The reason for this post, however, is to put forth three tips i've learned during this process when it comes to eating healthy.

1. A Grain of Salt

I've seriously reduced how much salt I take in.  When I used to salt things that already had salt on them (i.e. french fries) to now use 1/2 a teaspoon of Morton's Lite Salt in a entire day, i'd say that's drastic.  But salt causes you to retain water and has heart risks and more.  My blood pressure was somewhat high (130/80 range) and after three days of no salt, my blood pressure dropped 10 whole points.

2. A Spoonful of Sugar

Mary Poppins may be correct when she sang that a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down, however, the amount of sugar I was eating was about to make me go on medicine.  My dad became a Diabetic at the age of 40 and I was on my way to doing the same.

Reducing sugar has helped me to really see a difference.  I still eat fruits and use Stevia as a supplement, but I have seen the negative effects of sugar and I think I will always be careful to eat it in moderation.  Because, you can't beat how I feel now.

3. The Starched Life

My dad is a district manager for a bread distribution company.  Growing up, we loved bread and ate so very much of it.  Especially me. My dad got to bring home free bread all the time.  

Needless to say, I love starches.  During my journey to health, however, i've limited myself to be able to eat starches 3 times a day.  Usually, it's Nature's Own 40 Calorie Bread.

Just these three changes to your diet can bring a good many results.  These are three things i've limited and my next post will be three things i've added to my diet to help me reach my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment